Once again the Spring Festival brings music concerts and theater performances and outstanding local fine arts to the streets of Debrecen. This year the festival will take place from 22 March, 8 AM to 31 March, 5 PM. See some of the most exciting programs below.
Spring family day with a concert of the band “Alma”
22 March, 10 AM | Kölcsey Centre
The renowned Children’s Orchestra of the Minimax Children’s Channel brings a nearly 1-hour family concert to the town. Children and even parents can actively participate in the fun. The band has been performing with unrivalled success for 20 years, singing the most beautiful poems of classical and contemporary poets as well as performing children’s songs.
Magashegyi Underground Szimfonik Concert
22. March | Kölcsey Centre
The band Magashegyi Underground has been a pioneer in the domestic pop music market for ten years, establishing a symphonic vocation – which has since been taken over and successfully followed by numerous domestic performers. Now the band is venturing into a new area: bringing the world of poetry to classical music.
Fellini 100 – Films of Fellini in the Apollo cinema
23-25 March | Apollo cinema
On January 20, one of the greatest directors of all time, Federico Fellini, was born. During the Debrecen Spring Festival the Apollo cinema will feature his film at the end of March to remember him.
“Wines of Debrecen” Walking Wine Tasting
27 March | Kölcsey Centre
It is the first time when wine lovers can taste the “Wines of Debrecen”, in a full wine selection, from sparkling wine to classic and premium wines to dessert wine, awarded in January.
Award-winning wines are as follow:
- Classic white wine: Mátra Rhine Rizling 2018, Szőke Mátyás és Zoltán Pincészet
- Classic red wine: Szekszárd Cabernet Franc classic 2017, Mészáros Borház
- Classic rosé wine: Szekszárd Pinot noir Rosé 2019, Takler Borbirtok
- Premium white wine: Mátrai Paskomi Chardonnay 2018, Szőke Mátyás és Zoltán Pincészet
- Premium red wine: Villányi Franc 2017, Koch Borház, VinArt Pincészet
- Dessert wine: Intuition No1 Zéta édes szamorodni 2008, Holdvölgy Pincészet
- Champagne: Tokaji Furmint Pezsgő Extra Brut 2016, Gróf Dégenfeld Szőlőbirtok
28 March | Kölcsey Centre
“DO YOU UNDERSTAND” – This is the guideline for TEDxDebrecen in 2020. The 12 speakers of TEDxDEBRECEN will talk about commitment, responsibility, conscious choice and behavior in the areas of culture, health, law, design and enterprise. The event aims to help you understand the world around you.