Barango-LO is a traditional monthly programme of the Mátai Stud Farm, excellent entertainment for children and adults who are interested in horses and horse riding and want to learn more about the Hortobágy equestrian traditions.
Location: Hortobágy, Mátai Ménes (registration at the Information desk in Nyerges Presszó)
Guaranteed relaxation and playful fun in Hortobágy, this special family programme is for families with children and enterprising adults interested in equestrian traditions. The program is not only a fun and meaningful family recreation but also a playful development for children.
After registering at the Information Desk in the Nyerges Press, participants will receive a map ride booklet with the tasks related to the stations listed below.
- Carriage Museum
- Clay making (making simple shapes, learning about clay)
- Ménistation: horse care demonstration (maximum 20 people) at fixed times: 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- sports stables
- Saddle press
- Blacksmith’s workshop: horseshoeing (maximum 20 people) at fixed times: 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Small forest
- Exhibition: dress rehearsal
- Horse riding: for children up to 16 years, – there are a limited number of rides.
Duration: approx. 3 hours
Participation is subject to prior written registration. You can register HERE.
Participation fee: 4.500 HUF/family (2 adults, 2 children), each additional person 500 HUF.