St. Anne’s Church was originally commissioned by Imre Csáky cardinal of Oradea and designed by Milanese architect Giovanni Battista Carlone in the early 18th century.
It was built in Baroque and Louis Seize style in 1721 and thereafter dedicated to St Anne in 1746, the church was elevated to cathedral rank by Pope John Paul II in 1993 after he visited the Church.
The interior of the Cathedral is beautiful, with its baroque aesthetics and use of light placing all attention on the altar and the painted ceiling above.
A certified replica of the Turin Shroud has been on display in the building since 2011.
The three statues on the facade are dedicated to St. Emeric of Hungary, St. Stephen and the Virgin and Child Jesus, replace the three original weatherworn statues, and above the main entrance, is the bas-relief of Csáky Imre.