The 29th Spring Exhibition in Debrecen, originally planned under the title “Fresh shoot”, was postponed to the autumn last year due to the epidemic situation, so it became the Hajdú-Bihar County Exhibition instead. The purpose remained the same:- to present the cutting edge of local contemporary art.
The Debrecen Spring Exhibition is a forum of those local artists who practice fine, photographic and applied arts professionally. In the series, painting and graphics / photography are presented in a biennial shift every two years (sculptures are presented every year); In 2020, it was graphics / photography. The joint exhibition provides an opportunity to get to know the activities of the artists “highlighted” with the award in a more nuanced way.
The awards jury for the Hajdú-Bihar County Exhibition was comprised of:-
- Ábel Kónya, – Artist & Head of the Miskolc Gallery
- Martin Henrik – Sculptor
- Gábor Módos – photographer
- Béla Szepessy – Graphic Artist & Director of the Institute of Visual Culture of the University of Nyíregyháza
- Lilla Szoboszlai – Art historian
- ZSOLT DURUCSKÓ – Graphic artist (main prize of the Ministry of Human Resources)
- ANDRÁS MÁTHÉ – Photographer (Award of the Local Government of the City of Debrecen)
- ZOLTÁN FÁTYOL – Painter (Főnix Rendezvényszervező Közhasznú Nonprofit Kft. Award)
- JÁNOS DRIENYOVSZKI – Sculptor (award of the Center-Print Printing House)
- ATTILA BÖRCSÖK – Graphic Artist (Blondex Artist Award)
- TAMÁS VARGA – Photographer (László Holló Gallery Award)
- JÓZSEF VARGA – Graphic Artist (Halköz Creative Art Artist Award)
- ISTVÁN TAMUS – Graphic Artist (jury level award)
- TIBOR HEGEDŐS – Artist (jury level award)
- LAJOS RITÓK – Artist (jury level award)
- ATTILA LÉNÁRT – Graphic Artist (jury level award)
The awards were offered by the following institutions and organizations:
Ministry of Human Resources, Debrecen County Municipality, Phoenix Event Organizer Public Benefit Nonprofit Ltd., Center-Print Printing House, Blondex Art Supply, Péter Art (Holló László Gallery), Halköz Creative Art Artist
Entrees could be made into the the following categories (examples of techniques to be judged)
classical graphic techniques, individual or reprinted techniques (letterpress, intaglio and planar prints; photographs, autonomous, fine art photographs; electrographics / computer graphics by electric transmission and / or computer prints; art books graphic works in their form and content that can be classified as book culture, experimental graphics, works that expand the possibilities of expressing graphics, going beyond traditional solutions, plastic and installation works
The exhibition can be seen for free of charge until July 3rd, during the opening hours of the Kölcsey Center (Debrecen, Hunyadi u. 1-3.), From 10 am to 6 pm daily, and during evening events until 7 pm.
According to the current legislation, the Kölcsey Center can be visited with a security card and identity document, and in the case of minors with an escort with the same documents.