There is so much going on in Agora this week, and into February, building up to Agora’s 7th birthday, to be celebrated on Saturday 13th February, the details are to be announced shortly, so watch this space! In addition, new Agora clubs for young science fans are set to start in February.
Coming This Week is a jam-packed programme of fantastical experiments and demonstrations these include:-
- Winter world – An Educational lecture about the science of winter. (26th + 29th Jan)
- Microscopy -25-minute interactive activity is recommended for children aged 8 and over (pre-register for 26th, 28th and 30th January).
- Space Physics Show – Science of space programme recommended for those ages 8+ (26th, 29th January)
- Beyond Freezing Solar System – Astronomy lecture for children aged 10+ (27th, 29th January)
- Balloons – Science of Balloons for those of age 6+ (27th January 3:00 p.m.)
- The Realm of Ice – This 25-minute educational programme about the Artic and Antarctic is recommended for children aged 8 and over (27th, 30th January)
- Our Forest Wildlife – The 25-minute programme is recommended for children aged 6 and over.
- Frosty Experiments – The science of cold and how it affects everyday objects, for ages 6+ (28th, 30th January)
- Family activities in the DiglTér – Robots be here! (Saturday 29th January)
As with all these activities, it’s worth pre-registering your interest due to COVID-19 restrictions. Contact details are available here.
Childrens Clubs Starting in February.
We welcome applications from children who are interested in science, who would like to learn more about the mysteries of each discipline, participate in the creation of a new “get-out” game or demonstrate exciting experiments themselves.
The cost of attending the sessions, which run until the end of May, is HUF10,000. Each club member will receive a personal Agora Club card, which will be valid for visiting the Agora Science Experience Centre during opening hours! You can register for the sessions by filling in the form. Children can continue to join the clubs even after they have started.
Fly through and explore the city!
Be part of a team creating a new toy and get a taste of robotics with LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0! Club activities let you build the city of your dreams, explore how a town works, and find out what robots do and why they’re needed. Find out how to produce clean water, keep your residents healthy with the right amount of vitamin C and make their lives easier with modern technology. Solve experiment-based challenges and get out of the city!
Applications from 6 years old to 9 years old.
Scheduled time: every Thursday 16:30-17:45
First session: 10th February 2022.
Join the Audience for the Experimentation Club
Does it excite you to be chosen from the audience to perform in an exciting experimental show? Are you excited by the sight of billowing smoke, colour-changing solutions, or geysers of mixtures bubbling up from a test tube? Would you like to try your hand on stage? If you’d like to take a peek behind the scenes and put on your lab coat, join our latest experimental club! Come and take the show on the road!
In the club sessions, participants can learn about the science behind spectacular experiments, immerse themselves in the world of science education, design their own show and become a performer themselves. They can also learn how to make an exciting, spectacular video of the performance!
Applications are accepted from 10 to 14 years old.
Scheduled time: every Thursday 4:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
First session: 10th February 2022.